Please join us on Saturday, December 7 for a series of Meet-ups to help the community move to action. For more information, click here. To RSVP, click here.
Meet-up #1: School Community Partnerships
Meet-up #2: Community Calendar & Resource Bank
Meet-up #3: Multicultural potluck and Cultural Exchange
Meet-up #4: YOU decide. If you have a specific action you want to work on, please post your idea to our facebook page, invite some friends or neighbors to join in and show up on the 7th.
Check out our blog for the latest news
ABOUT HEART & SOUL OF ESSEX
Heart & Soul FAQ’s
What is Heart and Soul of Essex?
Heart and Soul of Essex is a community conversation for envisioning the future.
What are we doing?
- ENGAGING the community in dialogue about the future.
- Creating a VISION based on what people are saying.
- ACTIVATING lots of people from our community to take ACTION to move towards our vision.
What do we believe?
- Everyone deserves a say.
- Planning for the future should be guided by what’s most important to the community.
- Our community will be more successful if people from the town and village have a chance to talk together about the future and discover our shared interests.
Why does it matter?
Essex is growing and changing. We want to hold onto what is special about our community and we want the changes that do happen to reflect what matters to the people who live and work here.
Is this about merger?
No. Past merger conversations have been about changing our governance structure. Heart & Soul is about discovering areas where we have similar interests and identifying ways to work together to accomplish our shared vision.
This is a different way to approach government, to explore new ways to communicate about what matters to us and to make sure our planning decisions are guided by our shared values.